Sunday, July 31, 2011

Busy weekend

We had a busy, but fun weekend! On Friday morning, Hans flew back to Omaha from Dallas from being gone at his friends mom's funeral in Louisiana. He then drove over to Des Moines IA. Jacob and I loaded up the van on Friday morning to head down to Des Moines to meet up with Hans for my scrapbooking stuff. Jacob did very well on the 7 hour drive (thanks to our DVD player!) and I am very thankful for that!

We have a friend who lives in Des Moines, so we were able to meet up with her and her family for dinner before my festivities started. As we were leaving our hotel, Jacob was running down the hall and ran right into the door jam and hit his eye. :( He now has quite the nice shiner on his right eye.

Friday night, the first part of my scrapbooking festivities was a meet & greet with the owner and designer of Pink By Design stamps Sarah. She also had 3 of her design team present and they were some awesome women!! I actually ran into them at Michaels craft store a few hours before the event started, and then at Starbucks! Each month, Sarah hosts a live Ustream event where she shows off the new stamps that are coming out, and she always has her starbucks in hand! Since we don't have starbucks in Huron, I had to get my fill while I was down in IA! After the first hour of getting to talk with Sarah and her designers, it was time for the live Ustream. It was so much fun to be sitting across and watching it all live. She did some giveaways for the people that were there live, as well as to the people watching. She also showed off the 6 stamp sets that were being released that night.

On Saturday, Hans, Jacob and I got up and went to Sam's club. After that, Hans and Jacob headed back home and I stayed to attend day 2 of the scrapbooking activities. Sarah's 3 designers all had a "make and take" project, and they were really cute and fun to make. I also was able to do a little shopping with some birthday money that I received early and got some goodies at the craft stores! I then made the 7 hour drive home, getting me home late last night!

Today we had a family day, we went to church and then came home to do some things around the house. I have some pictures from this weekend, I however don't have them uploaded yet, so will try and do that tomorrow and get them added.

No comments:

Post a Comment