Saturday, August 27, 2011

I broke my ankle :(

We have been taking wonderful nightly walks a a family this past week in the evenings. Last night, Hans suggested that we drive across town and go walk around the lake as there is a very nice walking path. We started out with Jacob in the stroller, but after about 10 minutes of that he wanted to walk. He was being good and holding my hand, but then wanted to walk all by himself. We were ok with this as long as he stayed to my left so that I was between him and the water. Well like most 2 year olds ge wanted near the water. I turned to grab him and when I turned back, my foot fell into a gofer hole and both Hans and I heard the pop that my ankle made. Unfortunately we were at a part of the path that there was no way Hans could drive to, so we had to call for an ambulance to come get me. They took me to the hospital and Hans took Jacob home. I stayed in contact with him via text message and was able to let him know when I was almost ready to be released. He pulled up just as they were moving me to the waiting room so they helped me load into the can. Hans and Jacob have been very helpful bringing me what I need and taking care of me. :) I am in a boot cast and on crutches. I will find out next week when I have a followup with my doctor how long I will be in the boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment