Friday, April 16, 2010

April 15th.....

What a day......to some it is tax day....to others a birthday (my sisters...happy birthday Cristy!) To me it is a day that I will remember for the rest of my life. One year ago today, was my last OB visit for my pregnancy with Jacob. I went in hoping and praying that my OB would tell me that I had progressed some more than I was the previous week and would be delivering soon. However she didn't...she told me that I was still only 3cm, and I could easily go another 2 weeks. Needless to say that is not what I wanted to be told. Yes I was 38 weeks and technically had another 2 weeks to go until my due date. But I was uncomfortable and ready to have Jacob out! It took me a good 10 minutes at the end of my appointment to stop crying enough to leave the exam room. I was then so frustrated that I could not bring myself to go back to work. I called work and told them I would be in the next day and drove myself over to Diane's school as I needed a "mom" hug and my mom was in Canada. I talked to her on the way there and she kept telling me to try and change my thinking that I was not due until May 5th so that I wouldn't be disappointed if I went past my due date.

After getting my "mom" hug and talking to Diane, I drove myself home and cried some more at home before taking a much needed nap. I woke up that evening and hung out with Hans. I woke up the next day and went to work. Of course my co-workers kept asking me how things went the day before and I just kept telling them as nicely as I could that I didn't want to talk about it. Most people left me along and I was thankful for that. I came home that night and decided that I was not going to worry about when I would go into labor and just leave it to mother nature to take its course........I will continue the story on the 17th!

Ok for the fun stuff that happened today.....I drove my new van for the first time today! Hans went and picked it up yesterday in Fairbanks, and got home around 8pm. I didn't have anywhere to go last night so today was the first time driving it. It is so nice! Today I also took Jacob for some pictures at Pictureme studio in Wal-Mart. They turned out so so so cute! Then this evening Megan and Mike came over and brought some pizza from Papa Murphy's and it was really good! We had a good time socializing and eating yummy pizza, and then we went out and I showed them my new van!

Here are some of Jacob's pictures form today!

No comments:

Post a Comment