Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! We spent today relaxing and getting ready for our camping trip next weekend with Megan and Mike. I am so excited to take Jacob camping for the first time! I did make ribs in the crock pot (they were really yummy!!!) and twice baked potatoes. Oma and Boppy came over for our last "Sunday dinner" as they are leaving tomorrow :(.

This past week we have been helping them as much as we we able with the packing of all their household items. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Hans went over and helped Mark load the 28ft Semi-Trailer. They worked very hard and long days and got all but the really heavy items. Then on Thursday the professional movers came to pack their piano and some other things. Then Friday morning the trailer was picked up to be taken down to the docks and loaded on the barge for Seattle. Once it reaches Seattle, it will be trucked to Colorado and delivered to their house there for them to unpack.

We knew this day was coming for about 10 months, however it doesn't seam like it should already be here. I held it together when they had to leave and then quickly email some pictures to Diane that I took tonight (see below!). I am sure that it will really hit me tomorrow when I get the call that they are pulling out of town, and then later in the week when I might normally go and hang out (yes I am weird and actually get along with my in-laws and have a pretty great relationship with them). However, I have to keep reminding myself that we will see Mark next month when he comes back to AK and then we will see Diane when we all travel to Seattle for Hans' grandmothers 90th birthday. (That is the trip that we are also going to go and see Brad Paisley in concert! )

In other news my sister Kimberly got her drivers license this past week! I can't believe that she is old enough to drive! She is enjoying her new freedom (well so is my mom, as she can now send Kim to the store to pick stuff up for her).

Well that is all I can think of for now....so here is a picture of Jacob with Oma and Boppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment