Tuesday, April 12, 2011

52 weeks in pictures, and a moving update.

Well actually there isn't a picture for this weeks post, as once again I didn't take any pictures. I will however be taking pictures this week as all our stuff gets packed up and ready to be shipped to South Dakota.

Move update: Movers will start packing next week Tuesday! Yes as in a week from tomorrow! They are going to start with the stuff that we have stored at my moms house in Wasilla. So that morning I will get up and head out to her house to meet them and supervise the packing/loading that is to take place there. Then on Wednesday they will pack the apartment here in Anchorage and load everything on Thursday! Then Jacob and I will be flying out on Friday morning. We have to be at the airport at 5:30am :( but on the flip side we arrive in Colorado at about 4:30ish pm.

Hans dad is flying up here next week to drive my van down. He will be leaving by Friday and will be doing the drive by himself. Hans is working until May 1st and then will hit the road on May 2nd.

On Saturday, we put in a offer on a house in Huron and on Sunday the offer was accepted! The sellers even agreed to allowing us to move in early/before closing! This was a huge help as the mortgage company wants Hans to be on his new job at least a month before they will let us close. If the sellers had not agreed to the early move in, then Hans would have to live in a hotel and Jacob and I would stay in CO. Now Jacob and I will be in CO until our household goods arrive at the house. Hans will be taking the air mattress so that when he gets to Huron and he can take possession of the house on May 11 he has a place to sleep. This makes him only having to be in a hotel for about 5 or 6 nights depending on when he arrives from driving. He will then start his new job on May 16th!

I do have a picture of the front of the house that I was able to save to my computer from the listing.....
  We absolutely love this house! It has 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, a 3 car garage (as you can see!) and approximately 2350sf! It has a formal living room upstairs and a family room down in the basement. There are 2 bedrooms up and 2 down. The yard is really nice and we will be putting up a fence sometime this summer or next as well as as play set for Jacob. I am really looking forward to having a family room that all of Jacob's toys can stay and all the space!!! Our current apartment is about 950 to 1000 SF, so this house is going to feel huge when we first get moved it.

Oh and in case you were wondering....Jacob will be 2 in a week from today!!! 2 I tell you! I can't believe that his birthday is already next week. My baby is growing so big, and isn't a baby anymore. He is turning into such the big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment