Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another Update!

Hi! We have been busy! We are all back together and in our new house in South Dakota!!

Last week Wednesday, Hans took possession of our new house! On Friday, all our household items were delivered by the moving company. So on Saturday, Jacob and I packed up and left Colorado. The drive was about 10 hours of driving. We split the trip into two days, and drove the first 6.5 hours or so on Saturday. We did this for a couple of reasons. The first being that I was making the drive by myself with a 2 year old! The other was because we had a graduation to be at in the morning, so we didn't leave until after lunch time. I thought that I might have been able to push it and make it in one day, but when we got the the town that I was planning to stay the night, I was just ready to be out of the car for a while. Then on Sunday, we finished the drive and arrived around lunch time at our new house!

After seeing the house for the first time in person, Hans took us on a tour of our new town. It is a pretty small town, so that only took about a half an hour! We then got some lunch, and then headed back to the house to do some unpacking.

On Monday, Hans' started his new job! He has really been enjoying it, and is looking forward to a successful career with this new company.

I have to give a shout out to our good friends Megan and Mike as they put an offer on a house and it was accepted! This will be there first house as well! If you would like to read about there house journey you can do so on there blog here.

As we are still putting stuff away, I have not taken many pictures of the house, so I will only be able to leave you with one of our new kitchen curtains that Diane made for me!I am in love with them!

I will do my best to get back on track this weekend of posting weekly for my 52 weeks in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment