Monday, June 14, 2010

Blah.......

So this week has turned out to be a crappy one. On Thursday I woke up in a lot of pain. I had been trying to ignore this pain in my groin/hip area all week, but now it was pretty bad and I realized that I needed to go to the doctor, so I called up my doc's office and was able to get an appointment in the afternoon. I believed at this point that the pain was coming from swollen lymphnoids (sp?).

I went in and went over all my info with the nurse. She asked me if I had been sick, had anything that I could think would be causing the lynphnoids to be inflamed and swollen. I told her that I can't think of anything other than I have been fighting some allergies and had some bug bites on my lower back. She didn't think that it was either of those, but said that the provider would be in. Well my provider came in and took one look at the swollen area and then at my "bug bites" and said ummm...you don't have bug bites, you have shingles. WHAT??? I asked her how in the world do you get shingles and she informed me that it is basically the adult version of chicken pox. She said that you can only have them if you have had chicken pox in the past. She said that this would be the reason that I had swollen lymphnoids and said that I would be in for a few more days and possibly weeks of pain as shingles are VERY painful. She gave me an order for a RX to clear them up and sent me on my way. I then headed straight over to Jacob's pediatrician to find out if we should bring him in to get the chicken pox vaccine as he has not had it yet (they recommend it being given around 18 months). Because of the possibility that I could give him chicken pox they said for us to bring him in the next day and they would give him the vaccine. So on Friday morning, Hans took him over and he is now vaccinated!

Because of my pain and possibility of being contagious, I had to cancel my first work-out with my trainer. :(. The trainer that I will be working out with is on vacation for the next week, so I will now have my first training session a week from Tuesday. I think that it will be for the best as I am still having pain from the shingles and definitely don't have my normal level of energy.   

Today was Hans' work's company picnic. He had to work, so I was invited by our friend Brooke to bring Jacob. This morning when I woke up (Jacob let us sleep in today!) I wasn't feeling all that great and was thinking about not going. Well then Jacob and I took a 2.5hour nap together and both woke up hungry! So I figured that we would head on down to the picnic and eat some free food! We ended up staying for about an hour, but had a great time when we were there. We ate some good food and then walked around. I took Jacob into the petting zoo pen and also had his hair done at the crazy hair booth. He didn't really like having his hair colored, but it was really cute! Here are some pictures from today!













When we were walking back to the car, I noticed that Jacob kept bending down and touching the ground. At first I couldn't figure out what he was doing....then I realized that he was trying to touch his shadow!




1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I am sorry you aren't feeling well. I have heard shingles are awful. I hope you get on the mend soon! Love the Mohawk - but my favorite is the shadow - soooo cute and sweet!

    ReplyDelete