Thursday, June 24, 2010

Working Out Update

A couple weeks ago I talked about starting to work out with a trainer (Melissa). Well because I got shingles, I had to cancel until they went away and my trainer came back from vacation. So my first meeting with her was yesterday, and my first work out was today.

Yesterday we went over my goals, what I am looking for in a trainer, what her expectations of me will be and then she took all my measurements. My initial goal is to loose 20 pounds in the next 20 weeks. She said that I need to set realistic goals and this was a really good one. My overall goal is to loose somewhere between 35 and 40 pounds.

My starting stats are as follows:
Height: 5ft 4in (on a good day!)
Weight: 184
Chest: 41.25 in
Waist: 41.5 in
Hip: 47.75 in
Bicep: 14 in
Thigh: 24 in
Calf: 15 in

Melissa will measure me every month, so I will keep you updated on how I am doing! I really hope that this is the start to a healthier life style, not only for me but for our entire family. Not only will I be working out, but I also have to track my food intake on line, which is really interesting and amazing so far. It has amazed me how fast calories can add up thought the day. Today I thought that I was making a health lunch and was quite surprised at what I found out later when I put it in my food log.

I don't have my "before" picture downloaded yet off my camera, but once I do I will upload one (I would do it now, except I have a sleeping baby on me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment