Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

Blah.....I sometimes hate weeks after a short work week as they always drag on sooooo sloooowwwwww......to add that I have short-timersits about being able to stay at home now that the announcement was made at work today that I am leaving. Plus after I am done working then Jacob and I will be on "vacation" minus Hans. Jacob and I will be gone from February 21st to March 19th. Hans will be flying down to see us for 5 days of that the first week of March. The last week that we are gone is the week that we will be at Walt Disney World. Needless to say I am excited about that trip, minus the fact that I will be away from Hans for so long. It will be the longest that we have been apart since we have been together. I feel bad leaving him at home for so long, but I also now that he is a big boy and can take care of himself. Plus I am sure that Megan and Mike will keep him company. :)

Tonight we continued on our quest to do a deep clean on the apartment. We moved the 2 chairs in the living-room and the end tables to vacuum and pick things up. Hans even cleaned out the fireplace. While he was doing so he asked me if I remember what our first apartment manager told us when we moved in here 3 years ago about the fire place. I of course did and that was they have them professionally cleaned yearly.....well that has yet to happen in the 3 years that we have lived here. Thankfully we don't use it that often and I don't see us using it before we move out of here so I won't make a stink of it as our current manager sucks. So anyways back to our living-room. We were trying to decide how we could move the furniture around to make more room and make things fit better, but keep Jacob out of areas that he doesn't need to be getting into (IE the fireplace). Hans decided that having the fireplace showing was not going to be realistic if we didn't want to have to always move Jacob from going up to it, so we put the recliner back in front of it. We moved the end table to be at an angle between the couch and the chair to block him from being able to crawl between then and back behind them. We put the glider back where it was and may move it once we move the cabinet out in the next week or so. I will try and remember to take some pictures tomorrow night and post them.

My picture today is one that Hans took of Jacob and I after I got home from work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment