Monday, January 4, 2010

Sleep training......

So I am trying to get Jacob back to sleeping in his crib at night. Before we went on vacation in November I would put him in his crib when he fell asleep and he would stay in there until between 3:30 and 5:30ish when I would move him into bed with Hans and I to nurse him back to sleep and allow me to sleep until I needed to get up. Well that stopped when we were on vacation and he slept with us almost the entire time. Add in that he loves to take his nap while at Oma's with her it is really been a hard time to get him back into the crib. So tonight I gave him a bath, and then nursed him to sleep. He stayed sleeping for maybe 10 minutes, so I went in and nursed him again, and laid him down again. This time he woke up, so I put him on his stomach as this is how he prefers to sleep. I sat there patting his back and shhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhing for what felt like forever. He then decided that it was time to fill his diaper so I had to give in and take him out of the crib. At this point I was ready to give up for the night so we came back out to the living room and I tried to nurse him but he just wanted to play. So Hans played with him and he finally hit his melt down point and I nursed him again. When he fell asleep I put him back in the crib with NO problems!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will last at least a few hours and maybe this will be our turning point to getting him back to napping and sleeping in his crib!!

My picture for the day today is of Jacob playing IN his new toy box. Kim thought that it would be funny to put him in it with his toys. He really liked it as you can tell from the picture!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment